How do I trigger a car alarm?

jaru-eri

Joined Feb 6, 2009
I´m sick and tired of all my neighbours who illegal park their cars in front of my house and need to know how I can trigger the alarm of these cars. Is it possible to make an ultrasonic device in order to do that, or are there other possibilities?

italo

Joined Nov 20, 2005
Absolutely wrong you do not own the curb or even the sidewalk. He may park his car anywhere he wishes for up to 3 days before you can report the car as a possible stolen car.OR THE POLICE can give a ticket for over 3 days parking. If you side walks cracks it belong to you not the city. You must repair it or the city will repair it and send you the bill. you may not use your sidewalk or curb for anything else. As far as putting alarms on your car it doesn't work for pro only for dorks. Actually it may work in reverse where a by-stander get scared and do damage as consequences. BE AWARE

HarveyH42

Joined Jul 22, 2007
We use to have drive through the neighborhood with loud bass speakers. Rattled windows, and set off car alarms. If you have lots of cats in the neighborhood, put some kind of food scent on the cars, cats will climb all over the cars looking for a snack.

Most car alarms are triggered by vibration or motion. Not really anything you can trigger without being obvious about it. The remotes are pretty secure, would be hard to build something in that direction.

jaru-eri

Joined Feb 6, 2009
Absolutely wrong you do not own the curb or even the sidewalk. He may park his car anywhere he wishes for up to 3 days before you can report the car as a possible stolen car.OR THE POLICE can give a ticket for over 3 days parking. If you side walks cracks it belong to you not the city. You must repair it or the city will repair it and send you the bill. you may not use your sidewalk or curb for anything else. As far as putting alarms on your car it doesn't work for pro only for dorks. Actually it may work in reverse where a by-stander get scared and do damage as consequences. BE AWARE
You are wrong. I live in a housing co-operative and we have restrictions against parking inside this area, but some sociopaths really loves to irritate those who have a better life than themself.
They have garage and there are guest parking places here, but they really don´t care even after several complaints, so that´s why I need to do something about it.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
In my city it is illegal to park at the curb for more than 3 hours.

Car alarms go off all by themselves so nobody notices them anymore.
A car alarm is never set off by a pro thief.

HarveyH42

Joined Jul 22, 2007
In my city it is illegal to park at the curb for more than 3 hours.

Car alarms go off all by themselves so nobody notices them anymore.
A car alarm is never set off by a pro thief.
That's the truth. Never see anyone rushing out to their car, except to reset the alarm with the remote. They don't even walk up to the car to see if there is a broken window, or anything missing. I think car alarms are mostly a reason for insurance companies to charge higher rates and refuse to pay claims. Definitely not much of a deterrent for a determined thief.