how do i test the ultrasonic transducer

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by barde, May 2, 2009.

1. barde

Thread Starter New Member

May 2, 2009
    hi everyone,
    i am a beginner doing a project on ultrasonic obstacle detection. so i built a circuit but it didnt work so i decided to troubleshoot the circuit. the problem is i dont know if the ultrasonic transmitter is transmitting the ultrasonic wave or if ultrasonic receiver is receiving the ultrasonic wave.

how do i find this out? do i use the oscilloscope. i will be very grateful if someone can help me.

forgive me if the answers to my questions are too obvious.

2. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
    A good starting point for member assistance would be for you to post the schematic of your circuit.

hgmjr

3. PRS

Aug 24, 2008
    You can use an oscilloscope or a voltmeter. But the oscilloscope is best since you can see the shape of the generated wave and the received wave. And, as hgmjr said, post a schematic even if you have to draw it with paint. Otherwise any advice you get will be general, not specific to your circuit.

4. Bernard

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 7, 2008
    If you have two transducers, use one as a receiver connected to 'scope. Now you can check radiation pattern, range, & distortion as x-mitter overdrives transducer[ after fixing transmitter ].