How do i identify this diode ?

sid1202

Joined Jul 25, 2016
I attached a photo of the diode. It is rectangular, surface mount diode with the only thing written on it is 1328 on the first line and m2s on the second line. It is always de soldering and I want to replace it. I only have the diode from the arduino starter kit on hand, will it work ? If not, what should I replace it with ? And any idea what that super small chip with a P is ?

NOTE: is phone charger. 5.5 v 500mA power supply. On the left, side top connection is positive from the power supply and lower connection is to the phone. Bottom connection is straight from negative to the phone.

Thanks guys. I'm a newbie and I couldn't find those on google.

Sid

Attachments

SLK001

Joined Nov 29, 2011
The "P" device is a fuse. If your diode is desoldering, find a Schottky diode in the same footprint to replace it. Without better information on the circuit (like where it is in the circuit), we can just guess.

sid1202

Joined Jul 25, 2016
The hole circuit is in the picture. If you follow the printed circuit on the board, the 2 solder connection at each end are detailed in the notes.

Basically power supply 5.5v, 500 mA->P->R1->R2->diode-> phone charge output connector.

sid1202

Joined Jul 25, 2016
Not only did the diode solder brake, The diode would increase in resistance as it would warm up to the point of not letting current through.

I replaced it with a 1N4007 and everything seams to work