How dangerous...

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Garurumon, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Garurumon

Thread Starter Member

Mar 17, 2013
  2. ErnieM

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 24, 2011
    I wouldn't be worried about anything dangerous.

I also would not expect this thing to work.

3. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    I second that. The current and voltage are so low you wouldn't even feel it (unless you jabbed that pin straight into the finger, which would just be stupid), and there is no medical science behind it suggesting electrical impulses like that will eliminate warts. I would just ignore it, personally. It's pure rubbish.

4. Garurumon

Thread Starter Member

Mar 17, 2013
    Actually, it hurts a lot! But it seems that that's all it does.

5. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    I just read the rest of it and I see it says to soak your wart first. Still is a ridiculous idea and has no scientific background behind it whatsoever. It's like those people that walk around all the time wearing wire pyramids on their heads, claiming it prolongs life. Pure hogwash :p

6. vpoko

Jan 5, 2012
    Warts can be effectively eliminated with a trip to the doctor's office, who will use liquid nitrogen. It's so simple I'm not sure why anyone would bother with very questionable home remedies like this.

DerStrom8 likes this.
  7. KMoffett

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 19, 2007
    Google: Hyfrecator
    This is a real wart zapper. It's a relatively small, medium power, high frequency electrosurgery device used in dermatology clinics. Basically it burns the wart with an electric arc. In the early days they used spark-gaps to generate the high frequency. Siz-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-al That Hulda Clark thing makes a nice Geiger counter power supply
    Personally I prefer the LN2...doesn't smell like burning protein.

Ken

8. ian field

Distinguished Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Whether its questionable or not may be a matter of opinion, there's a vast amount of research if you search "Rife Electrotherapy", if you go through the hits you will find the names of several other researchers who've been working along similar lines.

TENS is another branch of this science, the reasons why it DOES work are a little better understood.

9. vpoko

Jan 5, 2012
    If it's a matter of opinion, doesn't that make it questionable? Especially next to a proven technique like freezing with LN2.

10. ian field

Distinguished Member

Oct 27, 2012
    In most parts of the world, a visit to the doctor's surgery would cost more than the parts for the project - if you were going to build a project of some description anyway, you could argue that it didn't cost you anything to try that before crossing the doctors palm with silver.

11. JohnInTX

Jun 26, 2012
    I know, I know.. but my kids used duct tape on their warts. Worked at least as well as over the counter remedies for them...

12. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    And for skin tags, there are always wire side cutters...

13. JohnInTX

Jun 26, 2012
    Which I've used. What's your point? :D
    And, hope you are doing well, Bill.

14. THE_RB

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 11, 2008
    Grinding works well on warts, painless, fast and free.

15. ian field

Distinguished Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Last time I used over the counter stuff on a verruca on my foot, it caused a big abcess. Eventually when it got so big my shoe wouldn't fit, I dug at the core with a scalpel - the core shot across the room at 90mph followed by a jet of pus.

It was still pretty painful, but from there on it started to heal.