how can i run a 2v motor with an op amp?

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by rashedul hasan, Aug 8, 2008.

1. rashedul hasan

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 8, 2008
    please help me with this project. i have been told to run a 2v motor with the help of an opamp. but it cant give enough current to run the motor. what should i do? i can use-
    1. relay or
    2.7805 chip or
    3.comparator or
    or mux............

but i dont how to connect them accurately..............
    please give me some diagrams to complete this.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  2. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    Is the control simply on/off? Or do you need to control speed as well?

3. Distort10n

Dec 25, 2006
    How much current do you need? There are power op-amps that can deliver up to 8A continous.

4. rashedul hasan

Aug 8, 2008
    we were told to only run the motor using a op amp. we r using ir source to on/off it. but we cant get enough current to run the motor. is there any special op amp which we can use? or any circuit diagram which will help us? thank u.

5. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    Can you use a transistor in addition to the op amp?

6. Distort10n

Dec 25, 2006
    OPA541 from Texas Instruments. Reference figures 2 and 3 in the datasheet.

7. rashedul hasan

Aug 8, 2008
    there is no restriction about using a transistor............but i have to use an opamp to run the motor. r u thinking of using a relay?? can i use 7805 chip for this purpose?
    please help ...............

8. thingmaker3

Retired Moderator

May 16, 2005
    Please define what is meant by "to run the motor." Do you mean "to control the motor?" Or do you mean "to drive the motor?"

9. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    What did your instructor write as the assignment? I don't want your interpetation, just write what he wrote.

10. rashedul hasan

Aug 8, 2008
    its a basic circuit of driving a dc motor. with an ir source we switch on the circuit and then the motor will be turned on. no need for speed control. just the basic circuit diagram of an opamp controlled dc motor

11. rashedul hasan

Aug 8, 2008
    u guys just give me the basic diagram of circuits which r related with opmap and dc motor.

12. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    The Homework Help section asks that you post up the work you have done so we can see it and find where you went wrong, or suggest better approaches. We will not do all your work for you, no matter how little time is left before it must be submitted.

If you are in doubt about how to structure your post and what to include please read this thread.

Thank you.

13. julma1116

Nov 27, 2008
    can anybody help me about Motor Controls wiring connection Diagrams. i realy need it thanks. pls send it to my email.

14. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    Is it that you need diagrams or do you have them and don't understand how to connect the parts?