how can i control the servo by tracking a object in video?

Discussion in 'Programmer's Corner' started by Vamsi Tungala, Oct 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vamsi Tungala

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 7, 2016
    I am doing a autonomous gun which tracks an object and shoot the object with in a certain range. can anyone tell me how to make the gun to point at a tracking object from the video. any tutorials suggestions related to this topic? i am using arduino mega and 3 servos for controlling the gun and Intex webcam. thank you in advance.

2. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    Welcome to AAC
    Is it an AK-47 ?

3. JohnInTX

Jun 26, 2012
    What kind of gun?
    Is this a school project?

4. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    Frankly, I think any such tracking and shooting device is a bad idea to promote, even if the gun shoots Nerf darts. Germane to the TS, please define what the target is and how you will tell friend from foe before shooting. As you may know, one of the problems with setting booby traps is self triggering.

Years ago, I did a similar project -- not for shooting but for identification -- in which we converted the video raster image to pixels (or maybe we captured it as pixels -- it was more than 30 years ago). We defined the target as a particular arrangement and color of pixels. Image processing is far more sophisticated today.

John

5. Vamsi Tungala

Oct 7, 2016
    hey its not a original gun we will just use a dummy gun for demo. its my b.tech project.

6. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    Sure. So, what's the target definition?

7. Vamsi Tungala

Oct 7, 2016
    we are planning to use balloons as a target with specific colored.

8. JohnInTX

Jun 26, 2012
    While we accept the TS's explanation of his goals, there have been concerns voiced by several members and mods alike over the nature of the project itself and whether AAC is the proper place to facilitate such a device. In light of those concerns, the thread has been locked.

absf, AlbertHall and Vamsi Tungala like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.