Homework

nickhansen

Joined Mar 12, 2011
hello, its sunday afternoon and im trying to finish all my homework however im stuck with simplifying boolean algebra, can someone please not just give the answer but also explain how it works, thanks

simplify the boolean expression:

AB + AB' C + A

minimize and show in SOP form:

(A+B)(A+C)(A+D)(A+F)

minimize and show in SOP form:

B + A[BCDEF + (B + C') D + B'YZ]

peter_morley

Joined Mar 12, 2011
Well for the first problem in simplifying boolean algebra you can start by separating the terms in relation to A. Each specific part has a coefficient of A in each AND gate. You can visualize each part that is multiplied as an AND gate and the addition as OR gate relationships. so i wont give you the answer but it looks like this A(term + term + term).
Another hint is if you have something like C(ABC + CD + ABC' + 1) you know that the sum can only be equal to one inside the parentheses. So that form equals C. Hope this helps. I could help for the others if I just remember what POS means. Is it product of sums just using 0 as true?

Last edited:

MMcLaren

Joined Feb 14, 2010
Peter,

Could you email me the answer to the first one, please? I never learned boolean algebra and so I've been looking at lessons on-line and I'm trying to figure out what I should end up with for that one.

Cheerful regards, Mike, K8LH