home water boiler (indicator boil & warm)

sangpo

Joined Aug 17, 2013
Hellow,

i a 2 liter Thailland made water boiler which is old but still working, except the indicators.

It boils water and it keeps warm. But boil indicater and warm indicator does not work.

2 months before it had taken to repair shop, after that indicators does not work. To take back to same repairing shop , it is too far so I dont want to. Also I want try it by myself. Since Im learning basic electronic

So today I have open it to see. I found 2 or 3 wires left not connected. I have no idea.

I will be very grateful if any one of be kind enough to give me wire schematic (drawing)

Thank you

sangpo

sangpo

Joined Aug 17, 2013
I tried and tried, now the LED which is designed for indicating the water is boiling is now working. But when water is boiled (hot enough) the LED (designed for indicating warm) is not glowing. How do i fixed that?

Sangpo

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Those type of "coffee urns" usually have a thermostat switch, with changeover contacts.

When it gets hot enough the switch toggles over, and turns OFF the main boil element, and turns ON the "keep warm" element.

If the switch works it will boil, then click sound and will run the smaller element (and "warm" LED).

You need to say if the switch is working, and the elements. Then we will know if it is a switch/element issue or just a blown LED indicator.