Home shower project

yetiballer

Joined Nov 21, 2010
Hi there, first post I have made.

I am currently trying to make a shower control using using a 24V inlet valve and a Piezo switch. Can somone suggest a circuit diagram for this set up? I have done some research and it seems that a latching relay whould be used in conjunction with two Piezo sensors. I just can't understand the circuit diagram for the latching relay.

Any thoughts and contributions would be greatly appreciated.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Why piezo switches?

Using a Piezo will need something to interpret and amplify the signal to actuate the valve. Using a standard switch would allow the solenoid valve to be directly operated.

windoze killa

Joined Feb 23, 2006
I am guessing he wants to detect when someone enters a shower and automatically turn the shower on. Great idea. BUT that water is going to be very cold to start with.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
I am guessing he wants to detect when someone enters a shower and automatically turn the shower on. Great idea. BUT that water is going to be very cold to start with.
There are water bypass systems to allow the hot water to flow continually so when the faucet is turned on, the water is instantly hot.

http://www.amazon.com/Watts-500800-Premier-Water-Recirculation/dp/B000E78XHG

I'd almost think an on-demand inline electric heater would be more efficient for a shower than keeping all the water lines hot 24/7 though.