home power

yasir_66

Joined Jun 25, 2009
hi friends

i want to run 230 ac fan with 12 volts battery.Can i do that?

Even i want to make some power for home appliances by 12 volt battery.How can i do that?

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
hi friends

i want to run 230 ac fan with 12 volts battery.Can i do that?

Even i want to make some power for home appliances by 12 volt battery.How can i do that?
Depends on your power requirements. You can buy or build a small UPS or just an inverter.
Building one requires that you have experience in electronics. An off the shelf solution might be better for you.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
You are generally much better off if you can use 12v devices when the power is out; like LED lighting and low-voltage fans. Powering appliances like electric stoves, hotplates, refrigerators, etc. for any length of time would require a great many batteries and a very heavy-duty power inverter.

HarveyH42

Joined Jul 22, 2007
Really depend on your needs and situation. Running AC devices off 12v batteries, wastes a certain amount of energy, plus you still have to recharge the battery. I'd guess that your local power company, is unreliable, or rolling blackouts, and you need to fill in the gaps. Automotive batteries aren't meant for this kind of work either, and won't last very long. Have to kind of look at the cost of building an inverter, or buying off the shelf, and what appliance could be bought, to run directly of the batteries. Like DC fans could be had for free/cheap, from many car cooling systems these days. One large inverter, to run everything, is going to be a lot more expensive, than several smaller ones, appropriate for individual tasks.