Holding circuit for magnet control

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by Crane Guy, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Crane Guy

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 17, 2009
    I am trying to fix a problem with the contol of magnet release on a remote controled overhead crane.[ I need to make it so 2 buttons on remote have to be pushed at the same time in order to release magnet]. Remote can be set for full time on or momantary switches 110v . Do I need 2 relays/contactors like the one that is being energized now ? Magnet goes off now with eithier of the 2 switches being pushed on remote.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  2. mik3

Feb 4, 2008
    The switches are connected in parallel now. Connect them in series and you will achieve what you need.

3. Crane Guy

Jan 17, 2009
    I have to be abel to turn off with 2 switches . If I wire seperate how does this make able to turn off with 2 switches for safety?

4. mik3

Feb 4, 2008
    Can you explain it better please. What do you have now and what do you need?

5. Crane Guy

Jan 17, 2009
    Now you can turn magnet on with either of 2 switches and off with either of 2. I need to make where it takes 2 buttons to turn off. When you lift heavy stuff with a magnet you want to be double sure you dont push button on accedent. I am doing this with a remote that puts out 110v when buttons are pushed,I can make buttons full time on or momantary.

6. mik3

Feb 4, 2008
    With a remote? Do you mean a wireless remote control or one with wires?

7. Crane Guy

Jan 17, 2009
    Do I needs 2 diodes and some resistors or can this be done with n/c and n/o points on relay ?

8. Crane Guy

Jan 17, 2009
    Wireless Remtron You think that could be set in controler ?

9. mik3

Feb 4, 2008
    Look I think the circuit, which drives the electro-magnet, has only one output which is common to both turn on/off switches. If this is the case then you have to modify the remote control. If there is one output for each of the buttons you can modify the output circuit. You switch the magnet on/off with the same buttons, right? If you can provide a diagram of the circuit it will be helpful.

10. Crane Guy

Jan 17, 2009
    rm full of electrical engineer wantbs and no answer?

11. mik3

Feb 4, 2008
    How can an accurate answer will be given without enough information?