HNC

snakecharm

Joined Aug 4, 2012
Hi everyone
I am new to this site,have been reading threads for a while but decided to register and ask some questions hope you dont mind.
I work for an electronics company as a trainee technician at the moment (I know 40 female Trainee Technican)
I have completed my ONC with DD grade
the college that i did this at suited me down to the ground as it was all assignments, no exams, but they have stopped doing the HNC at this college so the nearest college for HNC is exam based (exams scare me), I just wondered if anyone had any advice on books for the HNC, if anywhere on the internet shows a sample exam paper (to see what i am letting myself in for).
generally any good advice would be appreciated.
sorry for waffling
thanks for any help

mlog

Joined Feb 11, 2012
Since many of us don't know the UK educational system and certain slang, would you kindly tell us what ONC, HNC, DD grade, and "suited me down to the ground" means? It might help us non-Brits at least understand what it is you're asking, even if we don't know the answer. Thanks.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Since many of us don't know the UK educational system and certain slang, would you kindly tell us what ONC, HNC, DD grade, and "suited me down to the ground" means? It might help us non-Brits at least understand what it is you're asking, even if we don't know the answer. Thanks.
A quick google search provides the following:

HNC: Holistic Nurse, Certified
ONC: Orthopaedic Nurse Certified
DD: Divinitatis Doctor (Doctor of Divinity)

Not sure if this is the right one--it sounds like medical school to me, but I'm one of them ignorant americans! :rolleyes::D

snakecharm

Joined Aug 4, 2012
hi again
i do apologise for not making myself clear enough
ONC = orinary national certificate in electrical electronic engineering
HNC = higher national certificate in electrical electronic engineering
DD = double distinction
suits me down to the ground = just what i wanted
sorry for confusing you
any help much appreciated