Hitachi V-1050f oscilloscope

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by steve43, Jul 27, 2012.

1. steve43

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I have an Hitachi V-1050f oscilloscope. I have lost the ability to trigger the scope. Does anyone know where I can get some help to get it repaired. I have the service manual and I have located the triggering system but I really don't know how the scope works. Any guidance is appreciated.

2. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    Are you certain that it is an internal circuit problem and not simply a wrong setting on the front panel?

What are your settings on the trigger section?
    Can you get a line on the screen?
    Have you tried feeding a signal into the trigger input?

3. steve43

Jul 27, 2012
    The trigger settings are correct. I have had and used this scope for about 20 years. It will not trigger on an input signal ( sine wave, sq.wave, ramp, etc....... I probed around a from the trigger level pot on the front panel, all the way back to an op amp in the triggering system. When I turn the trigger level pot, i can see variation on the op amp. I do not know enough about how the system works to really know to look further.

4. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    If you can provide a link to the service manual I might be able to help.

5. steve43

Jul 27, 2012
    http://www.eserviceinfo.com/downloadsm/11460/Hitachi_V-1050.html

Here is the link to the Manual. "I want to thank you for your efforts"!! There are 5 "MultiParts" (Multipart: 0 1 2 3 4) You double click on "0" and download, then
    "1"...."2"...etc until you have all five zip files. Then you can unzip the file and you get the entire manual. Kind of funny but you'll see. Thanks again....

Steve

6. steve43

Jul 27, 2012
  7. BillB3857

Feb 28, 2009
    Does it fail to trigger on both internal (Chan 1 or 2) and external triggers?

8. steve43

Jul 27, 2012
    Yes. I found an interesting article about the Triggering System. My problem may be with the Horizontal Sweep, I am still reading. Anyway, you have any ideas?

9. steve43

Jul 27, 2012
    I have noticed something kind of interesting. Initially, I was working on a circuit, looking at wave forms on a bread board, no problems. On the scopes "A TRIG LEVEL" knob, I pulled the knob out for - slope. This is when my problem started. I lost the ability to trigger.

I have some kind of issue with this "A TRIG LEVEL" POT. Right now the trigger is working, but if I go to a -slope setting, I lose the trigger again. I am able to get it back by changing the mode setting from AUTO to NORM and playing with the POT till I get a trace to run, then it starts to work again. Would like understand what is happening.

It's probably time to get another scope!!