Hitachi J300 VFD

normbourne

Joined Apr 10, 2011
Hi,

I've got a problem with a Hitachi j300 VFD, in that I can get it to operate on the
local Key Pad, but it wont run in auto, vis. via control circuit terminals. I'm beginning to think that maybe there is a problem with the logic PCB. does anyone have any idea where I can get a replacement.

Thanks,
Norm

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Some VFD's need to be programed. Did you set the VFD to be controlled by a remote station? The answers will be in the manual that came with the VFD. For me at least the instructions weren't very intuitive.

While AAC has some very talented and knowledgeable people there is another forum that is geared toward VFD and phase converters; http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/transformers-phase-converters-vfd/
Maybe you can get answers there too.

normbourne

Joined Apr 10, 2011
Hi,
Yes I did program it to run from the intelligent terminals, and at one stage it was running, but I was asked to shorten the acceleration period, which I did, but since then it hasn't run...!! I thought that I had somehow cocked up the parameters but for the life of me I can't see how. That is why I was begining to think that maybe the logic board was faulty. I guess that maybe I should restore manufacturers defaults and start over. Norm.

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
We can only assume that you referencing the instruction manual, which is fairly well documented. What is your F9 function set to, and does that reflect your configuration?