Hitachi 32HXC01U-A LCD TV.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Found this in the bin room at the flats - The power LED came on blue but nothing else happens, I found a universal remote that can switch it on and off (according to the PWR LED).

So far I've examined the electrolytics and gone over any soldering that looked dodgy - still exactly the same.

Before I wade in properly - a service manual would be a mighty fine idea - does anyone know where to look?

The number in the subject line is on a label on the back. Apparently the innards were made by Vestel, a couple of different labels on the chassis: 171PS19-5 & VES315WNDL-01.

There are 2 chopper transformers on the power board - I guess the STBY PSU is working, but the other one isn't.

Thanks for any help.

bwilliams60

Joined Nov 18, 2012
There may be good reason for this one to be in the dumpster.I can access a lot of Hitachi models but this one is not on the radar so I can't help you with a diagram. I can tell you that mainboards are a problem with this unit and I would start as I said in another post, and check all your PSU voltages. If you could post them here along with pictures,all members would benefit..

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Do you have picture with no backlight or even sound??
The story has a sad ending.

AFAICT: the PSU is working, shining a flashlight on the screen showed there was an image on it. Presumably the sound is auto muted when there's no signal.

There was voltage across the LED backlight, but no light. There's 22 of them in series so no easy way to bench test the panel - I had to test each LED one by one. 3 LEDs didn't work - one of those was OC. With a bit of weapons grade bodging I replaced the 3 duds. Unfortunately I cracked the panel in the struggle to put it back together.

Put it back together just enough to try the backlight - still no go. After scrapping it, I retested the LEDs and found another LED had failed. Apparently a common fault on this chassis.

Quite a few big name manufacturers stick their badge on Vestel products instead of making their own, so the chances of finding another set that fits the salvaged spares aren't quite so slim.

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013
The story has a sad ending.

AFAICT: the PSU is working, shining a flashlight on the screen showed there was an image on it. Presumably the sound is auto muted when there's no signal.

There was voltage across the LED backlight, but no light. There's 22 of them in series so no easy way to bench test the panel - I had to test each LED one by one. 3 LEDs didn't work - one of those was OC. With a bit of weapons grade bodging I replaced the 3 duds. Unfortunately I cracked the panel in the struggle to put it back together.

Put it back together just enough to try the backlight - still no go. After scrapping it, I retested the LEDs and found another LED had failed. Apparently a common fault on this chassis.

Quite a few big name manufacturers stick their badge on Vestel products instead of making their own, so the chances of finding another set that fits the salvaged spares aren't quite so slim.
Sorry to hear that and I was hoping you would get it running again..
I hope this makes you better.. I got the deal of a lifetime on a used SpeedGlas welding helmet but one of the flash sensor came loose .. SoI decided to fix it and some how I cracked the glass on a $350 welding helmet..
I rig it with a fixed shade lens but it still ain't the same..

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Sorry to hear that and I was hoping you would get it running again..
I hope this makes you better.. I got the deal of a lifetime on a used SpeedGlas welding helmet but one of the flash sensor came loose .. SoI decided to fix it and some how I cracked the glass on a $350 welding helmet..
I rig it with a fixed shade lens but it still ain't the same..
You can get those pretty cheap from some discount outlets - whether they're any good is another matter...............