Hiring help for project that uses micro controller

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by VicBSEE, Dec 6, 2010.

1. VicBSEE

Thread Starter New Member

Jun 8, 2010

I am an Electrical Engineer, mainly analog and RF. I have an idea for a project, however, I will need to use a micro controller to run it. I will consist of one or two motors, that will need to reverse direction at the end of the initial state, controlled by limit switches.

To make it easy, I am going to use an H bridge for each motor, I also need to use an RF remote control as the input, and will need to encode a signal at the Tx and decode the signal at the Rx.

Anyone interested in helping? I can afford to pay maybe $15 per hour or so. Will need to sign NDA if interested.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2010
  2. mtripoli

Feb 9, 2010
    Do you do "professional" RF? By that I mean you have a Spectrum Analyzer and such. If so, perhaps we could trade services. What you need (on the surface) is relatively simple; I could knock it out in no time. Sometimes I need help "tuning" circuits (usually in the 900M-2.4G area) but don't have the equipment to do it justice.

Mike T.
  3. Papabravo

Feb 24, 2006
    Learning to program the micro-controller yourself will be far easier, cheaper, and less time consuming than trying to find a competent programmer to do it for such a low ball price.
  4. mtripoli

Feb 9, 2010
    Hey, wait a minute! What are you saying? We've never even met and you're casting aspersions on me...;) Seems hardly fair...:(

Mike T.
  5. thatoneguy

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2009
    All you need to do is list the inputs and outputs, and any minimum/maximum delay times for same.

I'd do it for free and post the code here for you to use rather than go through an NDA process.

If a PIC only needs to read a few inputs and control an H-Bridge, most of that code is already out on the net for several compilers (I use PICs and BoostC, but PIC MikroC is an option).

What is time given for this to be working? You would still need to get a PICKit2 or PICKit3 ($50 w/demo board). That would allow you to put the binary program into your PIC. The compilers have free editions to compile changes as well.