High Power FM Transmitter

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
U know I told u guys we have all kinda weirdo's trying to be professionals just by tinkering and no theory. !

I am beating one by one and I am loving it. :D

OK, this thread is about two 700W FM transmitter units that came in for repair. These things are old school ones.

The two Tx from front

Since I took the picture together and am messing with the two simultaneously, the posted pictures will have label "A" and "B". Meaning Tx A and Tx B.

If one photo is labeled "A" supply means the picture is from the top transmitter which I will refer to as "A" and bottom one is "B"

PS...I might get confused so bear with me if I did and do tell.

This is the top cover removed of "A"

"A" Modulator

A

Last edited:

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
My PC is acting up again. Freakin windows.

Takes minutes to refresh.
So fresh installation done.
Rest of the pics are being uploaded.
Work is in progress.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
97.0Mhz

These were used to broadcast peoples thoughts. Suddenly SWAT came and everything went to scrap.

That is what we call friggin freedom of free speech during Gayoom's rule

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
97.0Mhz

These were used to broadcast peoples thoughts. Suddenly SWAT came and everything went to scrap.

That is what we call friggin freedom of free speech during Gayoom's rule
In that case, you have a very powerful tool there. One of probably very few mediums to spread seeds of revolution and promote free thought. In your situation, these 2 FM transmitters potentially carry the weight of several human lives, or even the future of every person in your country.

Now all you need is an antenna and a martyr.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Now believe or not I knew that the Tx module won't have enough heat sink applied. :D

And now see for urself

Am I a genius or what ?

The antenna coupler is not how it's supposed to be

I worked on the Tx module first. Remind u tht this is a new board they bought cause they could not fix the first one and it ended up fried working at 50% of it's rated power. I say this cause the PSU in it is under rated for the original 700W new module.

And hence the burned components

trying to source them now.

So now I need a working PSU.
The B one is in good condition but faulty. I figured this one atleast has higher power than the replaced one so I thought I will fix it and check.

Work is in progress. Pics coming soon on next post

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Photo's are for reference so I know which wire goes where.

But I thought I'll share with u all since u all have been so good in class.

I found the fault or rather faults.

Work is postponed till I get the new parts from abroad.

Till then tata.