High Pass Filter on LT Spice for Mac

SwtNemesis

Joined Oct 14, 2016
The following assignment is to be simulated on LTSpice for Mac. I have built the circuit but have no idea where to go from there. I have included a pdf of the circuit I have built so far as well as the assignment's specs and instructions. Doing an open google search, I cannot find any documents on line to help.
Thank you :)

Attachments

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Your Google search techniques need improvement. :rolleyes:
Here are a few Google references I found.
The LTspice Getting Started Guide is a good place to start.

Did you look at the LTspice help file?
Did you run any of the Example circuits in the LTspice library?

You need to add a DC power source.
You need a model for opamp2 or use an op amp that already is modeled such as the opamp ideal device.
You need to set (right click) V2 to 1V AC.
You need to select AC analysis and its parameters (Simulate / Edit Simulation Command).

SwtNemesis

Joined Oct 14, 2016
I have used the getting started guide but it only has the basics. Also, this guide seems only available for the Windows version which has a different GUI than the Mac version. I googled High Pass RC filter for LTSpice on Mac specifically so I can see how to run this circuit to no avail. Sorry if I did not choose the correct keywords to google as I am new to LTSpice but not new to google. Can you please look at the attached circuit and tell me specifically what I am missing? The help section is vague and does not provide the help I am looking for...that is unless I missed something.

Thank you for your time.

Attachments

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
As I stated in my previous post:

You need to set (right click) V2 to 1V AC.
You need to select AC analysis and its parameters (Simulate / Edit Simulation Command).

Have you tried to do that?

If you can't try what I ask, then I'm spinning my wheels here. :rolleyes:

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
One of the options for the voltage source V1 is to provide a sine wave. You might start with that.
Not for doing a frequency response.
For that, you just need to set the AC voltage, as I stated.

Edit: Values for the resistors and capacitors are also needed (right click on them).

Last edited:

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
You're right, but I thought it might help him learn some basics along the way instead of jumping straight to the end.

In addition to specifying all component values, you need to run an LTspice directive to make the simulation run. Add a directive to your model from the "Draft" menu item that pops up when you right-click in your model. The simplest is something like ".tran 100" for a simulation that runs 100 seconds. You trigger that by hitting the little running man icon. You'll likely want a much shorter simulation, and you'll need to learn how to run AC simulation as mentioned in #4.