Hi!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Barry M, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Barry M

Thread Starter Active Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Just thought I'd say hi. I have a little electronics experience but only in repairing, modding and my exams from school when I was 15, about 17 years ago. So Im reading volume 1 ATM. Probably have a ton of questions because there are a ton of projects I want to try, may have overdone it with the 'beginner' parts. I was experimenting with an ATmega168 and LCD with temperature, messages and driving LEDs etc. and it occured to me, no matter how well I can control the thing I should really find out about everything else around it, I dont want stuck at LEDs making pretty patterns. So with no real interests apart from getting drunk, playing computer games and building things I eventually spent my xmas money on about 1600 resistors, assorted IC timers, pots, switches, buttons, LEDs, voltage regs, caps, buzzers, lamps, laser modules, solar panels and probably things I have no idea I actually now have as of last week, sort of spur of the moment but my heads been buzzing to do this for a looooooooong time.

2. KL7AJ

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 4, 2008
    Hi Barry:

Welcome aboard. We'll be glad to buzz your head a lot more. :)

eric

3. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    Welcome to AAC - an rest assured that, no matter how much stuff you have on hand, there is always at least one more you need to actually complete the project.

4. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
  5. Barry M

Thread Starter Active Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Hi, thats what Im looking for :)

Hello, I'm beginning to see that, I had 200 res. and have ordered another 1440 ... also everytime I see something new I see how to implement it in a current project ... which is actually 'argh' for a brain like mine (one with an over-active imagination).

Hi and thanks for those links. I dont want short term answers, I want into the guts of it all.

Edit:

PS ... "I dont want short term answers, I want into the guts of it all" means thats great because thats the sort of thing Im after :) I made a sub of 'Reference' under one of my many link folders, just for that.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  6. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    Barry M, welcome to AAC!

Be sure to check the e-book (which you already have), the worksheets, and the videos. Glad to see you're getting stuck in.

Dave