Hi!

Barry M

Joined Feb 11, 2009
Just thought I'd say hi. I have a little electronics experience but only in repairing, modding and my exams from school when I was 15, about 17 years ago. So Im reading volume 1 ATM. Probably have a ton of questions because there are a ton of projects I want to try, may have overdone it with the 'beginner' parts. I was experimenting with an ATmega168 and LCD with temperature, messages and driving LEDs etc. and it occured to me, no matter how well I can control the thing I should really find out about everything else around it, I dont want stuck at LEDs making pretty patterns. So with no real interests apart from getting drunk, playing computer games and building things I eventually spent my xmas money on about 1600 resistors, assorted IC timers, pots, switches, buttons, LEDs, voltage regs, caps, buzzers, lamps, laser modules, solar panels and probably things I have no idea I actually now have as of last week, sort of spur of the moment but my heads been buzzing to do this for a looooooooong time.

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
Just thought I'd say hi. I have a little electronics experience but only in repairing, modding and my exams from school when I was 15, about 17 years ago. So Im reading volume 1 ATM. Probably have a ton of questions because there are a ton of projects I want to try, may have overdone it with the 'beginner' parts. I was experimenting with an ATmega168 and LCD with temperature, messages and driving LEDs etc. and it occured to me, no matter how well I can control the thing I should really find out about everything else around it, I dont want stuck at LEDs making pretty patterns. So with no real interests apart from getting drunk, playing computer games and building things I eventually spent my xmas money on about 1600 resistors, assorted IC timers, pots, switches, buttons, LEDs, voltage regs, caps, buzzers, lamps, laser modules, solar panels and probably things I have no idea I actually now have as of last week, sort of spur of the moment but my heads been buzzing to do this for a looooooooong time.
Hi Barry:

Welcome aboard. We'll be glad to buzz your head a lot more. :)

eric

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Welcome to AAC - an rest assured that, no matter how much stuff you have on hand, there is always at least one more you need to actually complete the project.

Barry M

Joined Feb 11, 2009
Hi Barry:

Welcome aboard. We'll be glad to buzz your head a lot more. :)

eric
Hi, thats what Im looking for :)

Welcome to AAC - an rest assured that, no matter how much stuff you have on hand, there is always at least one more you need to actually complete the project.
Hello, I'm beginning to see that, I had 200 res. and have ordered another 1440 ... also everytime I see something new I see how to implement it in a current project ... which is actually 'argh' for a brain like mine (one with an over-active imagination).

Welcome Barry,

Here at AAC we have the eBook (the tabs on to of the page), that will take you into electronics.

There is also the useful websites for electronics thread.
http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=9538

An other nice site with a lot of links on electronics is the EDUCYPEDIA.
http://www.educypedia.be/electronics/electronicaopening.htm

Greetings,
Bertus
Hi and thanks for those links. I dont want short term answers, I want into the guts of it all.

Edit:

PS ... "I dont want short term answers, I want into the guts of it all" means thats great because thats the sort of thing Im after :) I made a sub of 'Reference' under one of my many link folders, just for that.

Last edited:

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Barry M, welcome to AAC!

Be sure to check the e-book (which you already have), the worksheets, and the videos. Glad to see you're getting stuck in.

Dave