Hi, all

Discussion in 'Programmer's Corner' started by kalwaps, Nov 4, 2011.

1. kalwaps

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 4, 2011
    I am a new member to circuit forum and am not sure whether i'm posting this on the right section..

I really need assistance on how i can plot my recorded signal (mp3 audio) on MatLab so that the exact waveform is shown... or can anyone tell me how i can feed recorded audio signals (wav.) into National Instrument..LabView????
  2. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    I do not much about MetLab. But much about Labview. Labview can not read MP3 files. So the simplest thing is to convert your MP3 file to wav format. Most often the software delivered with your sound card will help you with this task. but it is not a problem finding free software that do this job. Then the file is converted. You can open in it Labview. Labview is shipped with many examples. Just go to the toolbar select help->Find examples. Then search for sound. open the "sound File to Sound Output.vi" and then modify it to fit your needs. Ps Then saving remember to not overwrite the example. Save it as a new file
  3. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
  4. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    Have a look at mp3read/mp3write for Matlab: http://labrosa.ee.columbia.edu/matlab/mp3read.html

Analogous to the native wavread/wavwrite functions.

There are several options over at NIDZ for wav to text conversions which you could then dissect and process.

5. kalwaps

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Thank you all for your contribution,