hex to asm convereter

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by mohansaini, May 14, 2010.

1. mohansaini

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 22, 2010
    hi guys i have lost my laptop last night there was some important programs in that. I really need your help i m using NXP 89V51RD2FN μc and i have a super pro 280u programmer for its programming i have some programmed μcs of my project i need hex codes from these μcs and then i have to convert them in assembly please suggest me the right way to take it back, its really important for me and my team. please reply me within the time i will be highly thank full of u guys.......

2. rjenkins

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 6, 2005
    You need to look for a 'dis-assembler' to suit the processor you are using.

Even if you find a good one, it is still really hard work - the machine code does not have any of your labels or comments.

Quite often they cannot even separate program instructions from data and constants, you have to keep working on it and changing it's setup until you get something that makes sense.

3. mohansaini

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 22, 2010
    hi i have taken the hex data from the μc with the help of the programmer but still i don,t have any suitable dis assembler which can be able to convert these hex file to the suitable format which i can understand. i have downloaded some dis assembler from Google but the things are not the same the conversion is totally different from my point of view. please provide me any suitable link or any website for the same....

4. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    General consensus on this topic is that it is possible and some programs do it, but as was stated above the results are almost unreadable. If your a master you may wanna give it a whirl, if not most experts say it will be faster to just recode it.

5. retched

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 5, 2009
    Recoding it will give you the ability to button up things that should have done, or changes you were going to make in version 2

Unless the uC you are using has a lot of memory, the resulting code isn't going to be so unbearably huge. And you already did it once, so you dont have to redesign it.