Here is why I wouldn't be going to Sochi Olympics

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Those must be for the proletarians and other riffraff. The foreign visitors guest will for sure have access to a single seater

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
You don't like togetherness?
Why not bring some beer cans and just sit down and have a talk while you are at it. This location would for sure eliminate on of the problems then drinking beer. Nobody will ever take your seat while you are at the loo

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Takes the meaning of togetherness to a whole new level.

Why not put them up around a poker table? You could get in a quick couple of hands while you take your dump.

Rule #1 hands on table at all times while cards are in play.

Still better than those Turkish toilets. Those things scare the heck out of me. Always afraid that I will fall in.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Takes the meaning of togetherness to a whole new level.

Why not put them up around a poker table? You could get in a quick couple of hands while you take your dump.

Rule #1 hands on table at all times while cards are in play.

Still better than those Turkish toilets. Those things scare the heck out of me. Always afraid that I will fall in.
When you know that a restroom is bound to be extra-dirty and filthy and you gotta go, then you'd better hope that there a Turkish toilet in there. That's the only design where you don't have to touch anything while you do your thing.

It requires special training, though.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
I learned that skill as a young hunter in the woods of Tennessee. :)

It came in handy when I spent time in Taiwan in the 1980's. I remember being in a factory there, going to the toilet, and then watching the flotsam go by in an open concrete trough that ran through the assembly area. :(

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Inter-state Olympics any stories ,with all the cars stuck in traffic there must be some

static electric activity (electronic site) should there be out houses with with call boxes.

Any inventions out there ( get the pun ). The best story get a moon ,by the 'MoonMan'.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
When you know that a restroom is bound to be extra-dirty and filthy and you gotta go, then you'd better hope that there a Turkish toilet in there. That's the only design where you don't have to touch anything while you do your thing.

Granted but no less scary the first time you see one. They had them in the bathroom at the train station in Genoa. I don't remember there being an option of a urinal. Pretty sscary. :eek:

Of course that was better than being bathed in UV like at another train station bathroom. It was like being in some scifi movie. :)

For an aspiring tenor opera singer like me, the acoustics of your typical toilet cubicle happen to be ideal for those spirited renditions of Pavarotti standards, so the layout of these Sochi Olympics restrooms means that I would finally get to bay and howl before that captive audience all musicians so appreciate.