Help with Wireless Transmitter/Receivers

thatkellykid

Joined Jul 20, 2012
Hey Forum,

I am looking for some assistance in recommending products and advice with a project of mine.. I have limited knowledge of this industry and i will try my best to get my questions across.

I have Attached a very noob diagram trying to describe what iam trying to build... Sooo

I want to control around 10 Led Display Panels via either a Phone, Computer or Transmitter... They only need to display RESERVED or FREE.

The Led Display panels will not have wired internet access so (i believe) they will need a wireless solution.

I have no idea what hardware/Software i need to build this and i am not sure which option out of the Phone/Computer/Transmitter will be the cheapest more reliable option. And if you guys know of a easier way to do this.. by all means help me out.

This is a fairly big ask from you guys and if it's too much to ask could you guide me to a business or website that could provide me with the appropriate services to build this.

Big thanks to anyone that is willing to help me out :)

Attachments

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Would a TV remote - with its limitations of range and line-of-sight - work for you, assuming you could have the control you described?

thatkellykid

Joined Jul 20, 2012
A TV remote wouldn't work. i will be receiving a email or sms by customer then manually reserving the car space with a transmitter of some kind. Ultimately i would like this system to work automatically.. without my need to manually send a signal to the LCD display screen to reserve a spot