Help with Treadmill motor. what did i break and how to make it run as a powertool

TheDudes Back

Joined Oct 18, 2016
The speed controller is just an ordinary light dimmer, it will work like i said earlier use a Bridge Rectifier on the motor because your motor is for DC.

http://cpc.farnell.com/unbranded/cm2506/bridge-rectifier-25a-600v/dp/SC07537
Ok ...im ethier thinking too hard or too soft now
You saying i dont need the controller now.. Only
Motor >>to>>bridge rectifier >>to>> dimmer>>to>> 220vac plug in my wall ??

No controller board ? And capacitor helps smooth out the current and allow less noise from the brushes hows this added,
I can see the back of tis board im trying to reverse in a chance to learn, seems to go to the big fat 450 470uf
But some resistors looks like there black r6 and r5 but i dont know if there even therre for the motor or not lol so guessing board would not last long and theses bits are cheap.

Ok im buying the rectifier linked as i know thats a definate need whatever happens next

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Yes. Stop thinking . Just do. :mad:

I hope you don't hunt because I cant imagine how tedious siting in a rifle or shooting the target must be. :rolleyes:

TheDudes Back

Joined Oct 18, 2016
Hahaha well.....i am a hunter lool only rabbit on my mates land all meat is used skins cured no waste lol
Just mighty scared and alot of respect for electric , i always doubt myself, and learnt measure twice cut once. my luck would have the motor start up and fly wheel go through my window and big ass flames and explosions ..

Well will find out in a few days when postman comes , il post up on delivery day