Help with transformer

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
L.E.N.R. = overunity = free energy.

If you can't get 200 volts AC (it is a mystery why you don't use grid voltage directly), how can you deal with nuclear physics?

You can't, and this is only giving a proof that L.E.N.R. is some kind of overunity or free energy pseudo technology.

I have never heard of AC electrolysis. All electrolysis I know is using DC only.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
L.E.N.R. = overunity = free energy
I respectfully disagree. As I understand it, this is a hypothesis for explaining the observations originally associated with "cold fusion", and relies on known physical processes. It is not perpetual motion, any more than fission is.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
These ideas are around for quite a long while.

I saw a so-called research on the web but after some years it turned out to be a scam.

If this works, why nobody wants to reproduce the results?

To me heating some nickel dust to 300C, adding water and then gaining a nuclear reaction which is producing energy = SCAM.

How comes these tubes just produce heat, but don't overheat, and don't produce any harmfull radiation?

Any reasonable nuclear reaction willl produce a lot of radiation.

So it is a nickel dust nuclear fusion infrared emitter?

You can't be serious.

jcole

Joined Dec 30, 2012
I understand the skepticism. I had much the same reaction about 1 1/2 years ago, but I started looking into it and felt there is certainly evidence for some type of physical process that is not chemistry, but not conventionally nuclear either. There have been in the neighborhood of 200 replications by reputable labs/organizations. Neutron emissions and transmutation of elements has been demonstrated. Both Mitsubishi and more recently, Toyota have conducted research demonstrating transmutation. It is much more complicated than just taking nickel dust and adding water. The conditions to trigger a reaction were so poorly understood at the time of Pons and Fleishmann's initial experiments that many initial attempts at replication failed resulting in associating "cold fusion" with pseudoscience. The ability to replicate results has improved (although still not 100%), but the parameters necessary for triggering a reaction are better understood. Work on the theoretical side is starting to make progress as well. And it does not violate the laws of physics and is not akin to perpetual motion. You might check out the Widom-Larsen theory, and Peter Haegelstein's most recent theoretical work presented at ICCF-17.

The Naval Special Warfare Group (SPAWAR) conducted approximately 20 years of research and has many peer-reviewed articles on the subject. A group of researchers at NASA also finds it promising enough that they are conducting research and have filed for a related patent (Langley Research Center).

This is actually quite a complex area of science, and I would encourage anyone interested to take a look at it with an open mind. As for "free energy," I don't believe any energy will ever be free, but may be more abundant, cleaner, and more affordable.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I think the important distinction for this forum is whether this project claims to be unbound by the first law of thermodynamics. IMHO, it does not, and such a claim is an essential ingredient for rejecting a project from discussion here, since it's such a clear waste of time.

This project makes no such claim, at least not explicitly. It seeks to explain some otherwise confusing observations and you cannot reject the LENR hypothesis until a better explanation comes along. LENR may be a dead end and turn out to be hokum, but it would be premature to make that ruling today, so I think this project is fair game for discussion in these forums.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
OK every uranium ore piece will emit radiation.

If you pile up enough, it may even heat up. No joke, there are natural reactors known to exist.

Just nickel dust + water + some 100C heat - This would make a good battery for space probes. Fact is they all use a plutonium isotope.

I don't deny the possibility of a "cold fusion", however probably you still need a million degree + a radiation source.

It is rather ridiculous to claim any kind of nuclear fusion can happen at some 100C!

Or is it requiring a special isotope of nickel? Perhaps?

I have read some about the topic on the web. And nuclear terms are not chinese to me. I am not an expert but I know some details about it.

Explain how it works exactly. How the heat is transfered into the reaction, and how is it transfered out again!

Such a complete explanation is yet missing. There would be a secret ingredient, a so called "catalyst". This is the weak point, or maybe the root of the scam.

Or is it somehow just relying on very fine grinded nickel?

The experiment looks like the nickel dust is heated up, then this heat is transfered again to prodice water vapour.

The mechanism how to control the reaction heat, and to remove it, remains unknown.

Think of a nuclear reactor. The composition of the fuel is well known, as well the heat transfer technology. As I say I am not an expert, but I have read about many different fuel types, and all possible scales of reactors.

The critical energy to allow a fusion is unimagineable high, even for gas with only a few electrons.

Metals have more than one shell, as well many electrons, so this energy would even be much higher.

One time, I short circuited a large 24V battery with a steel bar maybe 4cm wide, and maybe 6mm thick. Within 30 seconds, it was glowing bright white. The acid cooked as well. Guess some 5,000 Amps.

Don't tell me about a nuclear fusion with nickel dust that is set off by a small heater attached to a copper pipe.

Also the selectivity of the reaction is not explained. Why does the nickel only fusion very slowly? What stops it from fusioning instantly with a big explosion?

Moreover, if only some 100C are required for a fusion, and all our earth's core is molten nickel, you'd be well advised to sign for a heavy duty insurance. It may fusion without reason anytime soon :)

jcole

Joined Dec 30, 2012
I think the important distinction for this forum is whether this project claims to be unbound by the first law of thermodynamics. IMHO, it does not, and such a claim is an essential ingredient for rejecting a project from discussion here, since it's such a clear waste of time.

This project makes no such claim, at least not explicitly. It seeks to explain some otherwise confusing observations and you cannot reject the LENR hypothesis until a better explanation comes along. LENR may be a dead end and turn out to be hokum, but it would be premature to make that ruling today, so I think this project is fair game for discussion in these forums.
Yes, there are no claims about violating thermodynamics laws.

Peter Hagelstein has come up with a theory this year that seems to explain a number of observations.

This page has a link to a video in which he discusses his most recent theory.

http://www.iccf17.org/sub16.php

He is a professor at MIT, where an extended demonstration of a small scale LENR reactor operated for many months last year (purportedly producing several times more heat output than energy input). It might still be running, I don't know.

This may all turn out to be nothing, but after following this for a year and a half, I would be very surprised if that turns out to be the case.

Others might also find this 60 minutes segment on LENR to be of interest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyNn_Z6wCIk