Help with this project circuit board! im new!

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
That is why I asked. This could take a little while, I'll post results as I get them. I take it the original picture on this thread matches the parts pretty closely?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Not yet, finishing up another project first. Which is almost done.

I work full time, plus a heck of a lot of OT. I only have an hour or so per day.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I really do need the exact layout. If I go through this much work I need good information. Is this a Radio Shack part (I get the feeling the answer is no)?

I generally don't use Radio Shack myself, here is a selection of drawings I've made over time. I made this one before I realized you said it was not the board.

Among the information I need, is it double sided?

I mentioned the camera, a scanner image would work too, but I really do need more information on the PCB you have.

I have a package of templates I've made over the years, I have it on this site available for download on my blog. It is called PaintCAD.

Attachments

tkng211

Joined Jan 4, 2008
Don't know if it can help you or not.
1. Build the circuit A (part of your own circuit) on a part of the board. Then test it by shorting the points A and B. The LED remains 'ON' once power is 'ON' and it turns 'OFF' when A,B is short circuit (ON). You may also test it by listening to the 'click' sound of the relay without the LED and the 1K resistor.
2. Build the remaining circuit B on the another part close to circuit A.
3. Combine the two circuits into one following the wiring as shown (also remove the LED indicator) by the attached schematic diagram.

Do it step by step with two simplified circuit, you may find it a little easier.

Good Luck!

Attachments

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Interesting work tkng211, I may steal your layout for my PCB design, if the circuit checks out the same. Sweet06 wants to use the parts she has, which doesn't involve a true PCB. I'm used to building like this, so my drawing style might be helpful.

Gotta tell you Sweet06, you have bit off a much larger project than most beginners. We will help where we can, but unless you lucky it can be frustrating. To be honest this design could be simplified with much fewer parts, which would be much easier to build because of it. If you change your mind and want to go with a simpler design just let us know.

Here is the PCB you posted, I'll be back every day or so with an update.

Just curious, what part of the world are you in?

Something else occurred to me, how confident of this design are you? I'll probably protoboard it to make sure it really works.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sweet06se

Joined Jan 25, 2010
Im in Pennsylvania..
if you do simplify the project how many more parts would it require me to purchase?
the project itself has been built and working in a few different cars.. and this is the scamatic the guy who designed it posted so people could make them if they wanted to..
i would like to stick with these parts just because he has made a few and they are working in cars..

and all the feedback is great from everyone i really appreciatte it!
im seeing it is a difficult first project;) but ive never given up because of it being hard and im determined to make this!!

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I'd wondered about that. You'll just have to drill a small hole for the oddball pins. Since you are doing point to point wiring it won't affect the wiring much. If the wires coming off the relay are very long you can gently bend them a little (very little, or they break) and let the relay stand above the surface of the board.

Come to think of it, drilling a new hole is probably the best option.

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Drawing out the relay the pins are a bit tight on the inside. I put them at 0.48" X 0.47". Does this match your observation?

Where did you get these relays?

I've also redrawn the schematic for my illustrations.

Last edited:

Sweet06se

Joined Jan 25, 2010
Drawing out the relay the pins are a bit tight on the inside. I put them at 0.48" X 0.47". Does this match your observation?

Where did you get these relays?

I've also redrawn the schematic for my illustrations.
sounds good
bought the relays off ebay :rolleyes:
cant wait to see what you have done!