help with this preamplifier

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
audioguru

i have made the circuit and connected it to PIC and i had the correct output!
Its output voltge is +4.5V which rises to +8V which is too high to feed into a PIC. The +8V might damage the input of the PIC. You should attenuate it with 2 resistors.

i'm thinking to have an extra feature on my project by adding a headset to listen to the heart sounds!
the one i constructed feeds the signal values into PIC but here i want to add a headset circuit so that i can listen to and watch the signals.

can i do that without affecting the current constructed circuit's values?
if yes, how can i do it?
Simply connect a 330nF coupling capacitor feeding a 100k volume control to the output. The volume control feeds an LM386 little power amp IC circuit that drives the headphones.

alarassi

Joined Feb 6, 2010
Its output voltge is +4.5V which rises to +8V which is too high to feed into a PIC. The +8V might damage the input of the PIC. You should attenuate it with 2 resistors.

sorry!
i used the circuit with OPA2134 and 5V supply and i tested it with PIC, it works..

Simply connect a 330nF coupling capacitor feeding a 100k volume control to the output. The volume control feeds an LM386 little power amp IC circuit that drives the headphones.
my voltage output level is at about 2.4v that is fed into PIC! i want to use the headphones without affecting this voltage level!
in this case, can i just follow ur way?

thank you

Last edited:

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Please don't post a schematic that has a different opamp and a different supply voltage.

The output of the opamp does not change when it has a light load from one 100k volume control added. It also won't change when it has one hundred 100k volume controls added.