Help with the identification of this SMD component

Juanolo

Joined Aug 22, 2014
Hello:

I need to repair a PCB. The component i want to replace is the one of the attached image.

I think i found the reference for CU06 m43 as a rectifier of 600V. But i think it is not correct.

In the datasheets i found the CU06 as a abrv. of CMR1U-06M but i did not find anything related with the number 43. can you identify it?

Can you give me any advice of how to repare the pcb line? (photo 2)

Thanks a lot

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
It is a diode. Try the SMD version of 1N4004

The track can be replaced with a solder jump and just old single strand copper wire. No biggie.

Juanolo

Joined Aug 22, 2014
It is a diode. Try the SMD version of 1N4004

The track can be replaced with a solder jump and just old single strand copper wire. No biggie.
Thanks a lot for the info! where can i find a true information of SMD identification?

can you explain me how you identified it? with the number of the top is very difficult to find information about the component...

Thanks a lot!

Juanolo

Joined Aug 22, 2014
Thanks for the answer.. thus is a rectifier and not a 1n4004 diode? if i not find anything similar, can i replace it for other of different manufacturer or different charasteristics?

Last edited:

Juanolo

Joined Aug 22, 2014
The problem was an high voltage shock.

Is the power supply of a DLP projector. I can do a photo of the board.

in view, the only two components which were burned are this diode with the damaged pc line and the fuse.

The diode there is a CMR1U-04M.... Which i think is CU4, in this case i need to buy the CMR1U-06M?

Thanks

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

It looks like the only difference between the one with and without the M extention in the type of housing.
I think you will need the one with the M, the M is on the second line, before the mentioned 43.

Bertus

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Hello:

I need to repair a PCB. The component i want to replace is the one of the attached image.

I think i found the reference for CU06 m43 as a rectifier of 600V. But i think it is not correct.

In the datasheets i found the CU06 as a abrv. of CMR1U-06M but i did not find anything related with the number 43. can you identify it?

Can you give me any advice of how to repare the pcb line? (photo 2)

Thanks a lot
Going on previous experience, an 06 could indicate a 60V rating - that would possibly suggest a Shottky barrier type.

Finding an identical device elsewhere on the board would solve your problem, borrow it to measure - SB diodes have lower than normal Vf of as low as 0.2V, they also show a little bit of reverse leakage - which would absolutely not be OK on a regular silicon type.

Juanolo

Joined Aug 22, 2014
Hello,

It looks like the only difference between the one with and without the M extention in the type of housing.
I think you will need the one with the M, the M is on the second line, before the mentioned 43.

Bertus
Thanks, sorry if i do not explained well before. I referred to:

The burned component is CU6 M 43 which it match with CMR1U-06M (fast response rectifier 600V.

The one you listed me is the CMRU-04M (fast response rectifier 400V)

Does it matter which i select? I supose i need to select the 600V one?

What is de difference between SMA AND SMB packaging.?

Thanks bertus for the help!

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Thanks, sorry if i do not explained well before. I referred to:

The burned component is CU6 M 43 which it match with CMR1U-06M (fast response rectifier 600V.

The one you listed me is the CMRU-04M (fast response rectifier 400V)

Does it matter which i select? I supose i need to select the 600V one?

What is de difference between SMA AND SMB packaging.?

Thanks bertus for the help!
If its rated 600V - don't use the 1N4007 as suggested elsewhere, it won't be anywhere near fast enough to replace an ultra fast rectifier - The UF4007 is allegedly "Ultra Fast" but they've been on the market a long time, the definition of ultra fast may have moved on since then.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
The 1N4004 was just for reference.
My Mistake.

Regarding post #10
A 400V diode might suffice depending on the circuit used.
If U can tell us a bit more about where the diode goes we can make sure if the replacement will work or not.

Juanolo

Joined Aug 22, 2014
Hello!
The 1N4004 was just for reference.
My Mistake.

Regarding post #10
A 400V diode might suffice depending on the circuit used.
If U can tell us a bit more about where the diode goes we can make sure if the replacement will work or not.
Thanks a lot for all the answers

I uploaded some images of the whole circuit and the damaged part.

You think only changing the cmr1u-06 it will run? what you recommend me to repair the circuit?

20140831213049.jpg

20140831213034.jpg

Is the power supply of a DLP projector, i could not get the service manual because the projector is old (6 years).

Thanks a lot for the help!