Help with the Components

sanjayvt

Joined Jul 4, 2012
This list of components was given to me and I was asked to build a circuit.

Diode IN4001 4
Capacitor 100uF, 12V 1
Resistor 10K,0.5W 2
100K,0.5W 2
Transistor 2N3055 1
Thyristor SN101 1
Display IC FND500 1
LT542R 1
PCB-transistorised 1

I didn't understand the following components.

DC147
DC148

Can someone please help?

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Without the schematic we can not tell you what the circuit has to be used for.
Can you post the schematic?

Bertus

sanjayvt

Joined Jul 4, 2012
This is kind of an assignment.

These are the components given.

Come up with a circuit using all of them.

No use of transformers. Only DC power supply.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Does this remind anyone of the movie "Airplane" when Lloyd Bridges gives the weather map to the guy and asks him what he can make of it?

What is a PCB-transistorized?

I'm hesitant to offer any significant help because my guess is that the intent is to give you an opportunity to use your understanding of the components and what they do and to apply your creativity to try to come up with something that uses them in some meaningful way. If we do any significant part of that for you, then you don't get to do that.

I would recommend looking up the more unusual components, such as the thyristor, the display IC, and the LT542R because those will likely put some bounds on what you can do and how you might have to use some of the other components.

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
This is like giving you a few LEGO bricks and you are supposed to use your creativity to make something out of those bricks.

We dont want to spoil the fun. But help would be on its way if you're really, really stuck....:D

Allen

Last edited:

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Also, take into account what the course has been covering. Most instructors would expect you to be trying to make something that is related to that course.

dapatil42

Joined Jul 4, 2012
This list of components was given to me and I was asked to build a circuit.

Diode IN4001 4
Capacitor 100uF, 12V 1
Resistor 10K,0.5W 2
100K,0.5W 2
Transistor 2N3055 1
Thyristor SN101 1
Display IC FND500 1
LT542R 1
PCB-transistorised 1

BC147
BC148

please send circuits using above compounent

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
But I haven't seen any effort from the OP yet.

OK may be some clues: Use the 4 diodes as a rectifier bridge for converting AC 9V to DC. Use 2N3055 and BC14X to construct a linear voltage regulator.....

HTH
Allen

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Use the 4 diodes as a rectifier bridge for converting AC 9V to DC.
My first thought when I saw four diodes was a full-wave bridge. But then I saw that he can only use DC supplies. I assumed this meant for everything.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
You can still use the four diodes as a bridge. That way whoever installs the battery won't have to be careful on the polarity.

dataman19

Joined Dec 26, 2009
Good one joejester...
Maybe you could build a display controller.
Maybe a blinking display...
Maybe an audio amp with a display volume...
Can you only use the given components? Does the circuit have to be stand alone (taking into consideration that you will also require a DC power supply and/or wall wart).???
I can think of a few, an google search for the 7-segment display seems to point me toward a thermometer or numerical motor controller....
but..
I gotta ask - What is a PCB-Transistorized ??? Is this a module supplied or already built by the class?
I understand that you don't have a schematic (since the idea of the task is to device o a circuit using the components). Since you did not state that this circuit is not allowed to control another circuit, I would make something that controls something else, and gives feedback in numerical steps (you have four diodes - use them to step parts of the 7-segment LED - kinda like a Kligon or Alien Count Down Timer)..
If i have the task right, all you need is a to build something...
So go forth and be creative....

albn

Joined Jul 6, 2012
HI! those parts the you mentioned are design for battery charger the thyristor will act as cut of power when the battery is fully charged.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I took it as the assignment must use only those parts and nothing else.

The instructions were not too clear ....

It could be just soldering practice for all we know.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
It's a bit weird.

I mean I can browse through vendor websites, and then start thinking,
what could be built from this?

Or go through all my junk boxes, many interesting things could be built from this eventually.

But limiting it only to a certain set of components is counterproductive.