Help with SPDT switch on Jeep

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by ariff, Jun 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ariff

Thread Starter New Member

Jun 29, 2012
    Hello I am hoping you might be able to help me complete my project. I have an old Jeep CJ7 I have installed an electric radiator fan controlled by a thermal switch. I also wired in a 3 way ON\OFF\ON SPDT switch so I can choose to have the fan controlled by the thermal switch, turn them off, or turn them on all the time. I wanted the ability to turn them off when having to do water crossings and what not. However I also want to have an indicator light light up when it is in the off position so I remember to turn the fans back on again. Seems simple enough however I can't seem to make it work. I know it is possible I just can't put my finger on it. Here is a schematic of how I have everything connected now. Thanks for any tips.
    http://imageshack.us/f/3/contourcoolingmodifiedw.png/

2. BSomer

Dec 28, 2011
    Unfortunately no one here would be allowed to help you on this site. Automotive modifications are a subject matter that is not allowed to be discussed here as stated in the Terms of Service.

You can read this thread for possible leads to other forums that may have the answers you seek

3. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    Automotive topics are not allowed here, so I don't think we can help. You can research "high side switch" and perhaps find what you need.

4. ariff

Thread Starter New Member

Jun 29, 2012
    Sorry I'll go elsewhere thanks

5. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.