Help with sound activated LED!

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by arfarfarfarf, Mar 10, 2012.

1. arfarfarfarf

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 10, 2012
    Hi, need help with my electronics project. I would like to light up a set of LED's (about 20) in response to a microphone input using a 9V battery source. I have searched the internet for schematics but no luck. I only found LED's thatlight up at certian frequencies or light up depending on volume. All I need is to light up 20 LED's whenever a sound is detected on the microphone! Please help!

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    When a sound is detected on the microphone, that is called "volume". Use the circuit that responds to volume and set the required volume level as low as you need it to be by using amplifiers after the microphone.

3. arfarfarfarf

Mar 10, 2012
    Hi Audioguru! I need help on my circuit too... the input from the microphone should activate about 20+ LED's. The LED's light up as the microphone detects a sound. Is it possible? Do you have a schematic for that? thanks!

4. arfarfarfarf

Mar 10, 2012
    up! nobody is replying... :<

5. Audioguru

Dec 20, 2007
    This circuit lights many LEDs. But it needs a separate microphone preamp.

6. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    @OP

Please do not hijack other people's threads. You have a thread of your own, tending to your problem.

Opening new threads won't help you further.

7. arfarfarfarf

Mar 10, 2012
    @Georacer sorry, im just new here, what do you mean by hijacking threads? thank you very much!

8. arfarfarfarf

Mar 10, 2012
    Hi Audioguru, thanks for your reply!

Which circuit needs a preamp, the one with the TL071? or the one with the TDA2050? We don't have TDA2050 in our country, and our professor hinted us that we could use LM358. Do you have a schematic using LM358?

9. Audioguru

Dec 20, 2007
    The TDA2050 is a power amplifier that has enough output power to light many LEDs.
    The TL071 is a microphone preamp that amplifies the tiny signal from the microphone and feeds the input of the TDA2050.

An LM358 is a dual opamp (2 opamps inside) not a power amp. It has low output power and might be able to drive one bright LED or two dim LEDs from the first opamp. The second opamp might be able to drive a 2nd bright LED or 3rd and 4th dim LEDs.

10. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    Hijacking a thread means that you posted in someone else's thread to talk about an issue that concerned you, not him.

Always create a new thread if you want to talk about something other than commenting on an existing thread.

But it's not like you killed somebody, it's not that big of a deal.

11. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008