Help with schematic

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by juicethief, Apr 9, 2011.

1. juicethief

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 8, 2011
    Attached is a schematic of an ultrasonic transducer I found on the internet. I am trying to determine how the transistor and feedback loop work. The print is incomplete as transistor p/n does not cross to a transistor and the transformer lacks pertinent details (i.e. secondary voltage or turns ratio). Any ideas?

2. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    Welcome.

You can forget abt the details, I can hardly read any thing from tht image

3. BillO

Nov 24, 2008
    The transformer serves two purposes. 1) It steps up the voltage to drive the transducers and 2) Provides a phase shift through the feed-back winding to sustain the oscillation.

4. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    I believe this is an ultrasonic cleaner, as there are controls for a count down timer and temperature. This means the U/S is going to be fairly powerful.

5. juicethief

Apr 8, 2011
    So here is a (somewhat) better one, I hope. I was mainly curious about what is going in with the R//C & L loop that provides feedback to the transistor. I also curious as to what transistor might work well with this application. Hopefully, with that information I can simulate this in Multisim and get a solid understanding before I waste any efforts constructing.

Thanks for all the replies thus far.

6. juicethief

Apr 8, 2011
    Apparently bmp's are huge...

7. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    Load the .bmp in MS Paint, and then save it as a .PNG file.
    It will be much more compact, and it will not be "lossy" like .jpg files.

8. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
  9. juicethief

Apr 8, 2011
    could you elaborate on the "Provides a phase shift through the feed-back winding to sustain the oscillation." ?