Help with RSLogix5000 "tag move"

Discussion in 'Programmer's Corner' started by bassman583, Apr 13, 2010.

1. bassman583

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 26, 2010
    hello,

I am a Electrical Engineering student on my way to completing my Electrical Technologist Diploma. One of my classes is a "Automated Systems Research and Development" course in which I have been assigned to have an Allen-Bradley Control Logix 5000 PLC communicate Real Time Data from a windmill on campus to an Allen-Bradley InView-P94C message board. The Program I have created is communicating with the Inview, and triggering the messages correctly. My question is, if anyone can help or even relate, is it at all possible to take a tagged piece of info (ex. windspeed_1) and have that info moved into another tag. To clarify, I want a tag that the InView sign can read and display as well as the data from the tag.(ex. Windspeed: [windspeed_1]). If anyone has any ideas or needs anymore information as to what exactly I am asking, please post.

Thank you kindly,
    Electrical Technologist to be lol

2. GetDeviceInfo

Jun 7, 2009
    In RSlogix5000, all data is tagged data, so if your MSGing on a network, your source and destination are tags. You could COP from tag to tag as well.