Help with RF controller

jj_alukkas

Joined Jan 8, 2009
I had a r/C controlled toy car lying around and I decided to rip off the board to make a simple car alarm trigger... But the problem is the 27 MHz crystal got corroded and came off from the transmitter.. I couldnt get a new one so is there any way using an LC combo to make the transmiter work w/o the crystal...?? If not can someone help to me to make a new transmitter w/o the crystal??

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

A transmitter with an LC circuit will not be as stable as one with a crystal.
Try to get a new crystal for you set.

Greetings,
Bertus

jj_alukkas

Joined Jan 8, 2009
But My reciever does not have one and None of my other RF boards have... They all use LC.. Depends on volatge though..

jj_alukkas

Joined Jan 8, 2009
Well Then can anyone help me make a simple single channel relay contol through RF which can control a flip flop or logic?? Please dont insist using crystals. Its hard for me to obatin.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Gee, where in the world do you live? (you can put it in your profile so that people might be able to help you faster.)

Here in the USA, there are lots of places to order them from. Digikey, Mouser, Newark, Allied, and many many more. There's a surplus electronics store about a 20 minute's drive from me that has a whole wall full of jars with crystals in them.

Are there any amateur radio or HAM groups near you? They would know where to find the crystal that you need.

You saved the crystal that broke off, right? Is it actually 27.045MHz?
26.965MHz through 27.405MHz is Citizen's Band radio in the States, but
26.995 MHz; 27.045 MHz; 27.095 MHz; 27.145 MHz; 27.195 MHz are reserved for R/C models.

You can't just use an RC or LC oscillator for the transmitter; it would "splatter" all over the CB spectrum.

jj_alukkas

Joined Jan 8, 2009
I have the crystal and its 27.145 MHz.. I tried at the local store but not available.. I can get it but not for immediate application. Thats why. Anyway its ok.