Help with replacing MOSFET

Drezz

Joined Sep 1, 2009
I am replacing a couple of MOSFET's in an auto audio amplifier, the part number on the mosfet is DFP70N06, i cant seem to find anyone who sells this part but i did find the specs on it. The question is, which specs should i try to stay the same on and which can vary a little. The current specs that i see spoken about the most are:

BVDSS = 60V
R
DS(ON) = 0.014 ohm

I
D = 70A
TO-220 package
VGS ±25 V
PD 158 W

Any other specs you think are important i think i have, i found the PDF datasheet on it. Any help would be most appreciated.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Compare the datasheet you got with the one from the page I gave.
It can be that an other manufacturer uses an other component code.

Greetings,
Bertus

Drezz

Joined Sep 1, 2009
Now I see that on the RFP70N06 there is a Gate to Source Voltage of +/- 20V and on the DFP70N06 it is +/-25V, also the power dissipation is 150W while the original is 158W. Do you think that will make any difference? Seems other than those its an exact match. Thanks.

steveb

Joined Jul 3, 2008
Now I see that on the RFP70N06 there is a Gate to Source Voltage of +/- 20V and on the DFP70N06 it is +/-25V, also the power dissipation is 150W while the original is 158W. Do you think that will make any difference? Seems other than those its an exact match. Thanks.
They look like a reasonable match. It's not likely that a typical circuit is going to push the maximum ratings of the Vgs, whch only needs to be in the 0-15 V range for good control. The power difference is not very significant. Still, it would be nice to replace with higher specifications, rather than lower ones.

To be sure, you could try and track down the schematic and post it here for a verification.