Help with PWM and PIC18F452

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by Loki, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Loki

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Hey!

I´m a beginner to MCU's and I need a help with my project to school. I have to programme the PIC processor to read 100 times/s the input voltage in range 0-5V using the PIC's ADC and then control the output voltage using the PWM so the output voltage is same as the input voltage. Moreover, I have to use interrupt and counter. I dont have to create the entire circuit,fortunately, but i must write a programme in .asm format. Could anyone give me some hints where to start, what I should pay attention to?Sorry for that question, but I have never heard about the MCU's before, so any advice how to make this work is welcome. Here is a schematic of circuit(as attachement), on which i have to realize the project.

Thanks.

• PIC.doc
      File size:
      600 KB
      Views:
  2. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    Do you have access to the manual for that PIC? That, plus the example programs on the Microchip website should give you all the information you need.

3. Loki

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 1, 2007
    If you mean the Datasheet from Microchip, then yes. But it's very confusing. I have quite a big problem to choose what information are important for this project. But thanks for the note about the examples...I didnt know, there is something like this.

4. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    PWM is a very common topic on this board and in general. Try the search function on past posts to see if you get some guidance.

5. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
    Loki,

Another option would be to post your question on the Microchip Forum dedicated to all things PIC.

hgmjr

6. atferrari

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 6, 2004
    Not a good place for anyone to do your homework, I think.