Help with project topics!

zionic911

Joined Jun 23, 2004
Hello!

My friend and I are engineering students from Nigeria. Please can any kind member of this forum help in suggesting project topics in ELECTRONICS (general electronics & communications to be specific).

I also want to say that we would need LOTS of assistance at the end of choosing any topic.

Awaiting your response!

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
You need to answer a few questions first:

1) Hardware, software, or a bit of both?

2) How competent are you at the above areas? Are we pitching in at degree-level or high-school?

3) How long have you got?

Dave

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Hello!

My friend and I are engineering students from Nigeria. Please can any kind member of this forum help in suggesting project topics in ELECTRONICS (general electronics & communications to be specific).

I also want to say that we would need LOTS of assistance at the end of choosing any topic.

Awaiting your response!
I have one.
Communications on the factory floor has a unique set of problems involving the cost of delivering power and data to nodes on a network at medium speeds at very low cost per I/O point.

Project:
Investigate the materials, technology, and protocols for the reliable delivery of say 1000 bits of data among 100 nodes every 5 milliseconds.

A good set of insights or results will be an enormous resume booster.

zionic911

Joined Jun 23, 2004
Thanks. I would need a project that is 100% hardware. My experience in terms of pratical circuit design is very low. This project is actually degree-level. As regarding time that i have got, just 2 months on my hands.However, i have only 5 days now to getting just 3 project topics from which my supervisor is to select one for me to handle. That is where the time limit of 3 months comes in. I have tried the PROJECTS sections i this forum but met with nothing of interest.Can you help me (with respect to what you may have done before) get anything relating to aLarm systems, or dc-to-ac inverter designs, or any other electronic project that is worth a University degree project.Thanks a million for your concern. God bless you.

fanie

Joined Jan 20, 2007
If you want something communication... maybe look at something involving telephones. Not using software is going to limit your prospective list a great deal - don't know how anyone can do anything sensable without uP's anymore.