Help with processor datasheets

cooldude_1986

Joined Mar 14, 2012
Hi Folks,
I have an interview at a company which is big time into processor and chipset design. I was told that one of the interview rounds is going to be on processor and chipset datasheets. I have hardly done any datasheet reading all my life. I have started reading a processor datasheet today and I am totally confused as to which portions of a datasheet I should pay more attention to??!!!!!!

I have attached Intel Core I7 datasheet for reference...

Thank you.

Attachments

panic mode

Joined Oct 10, 2011
i have hard time believing that the interview will be evaluating your reading skill.
if this is technical position they will be likely interested in what you know on a entirely different level. datasheets are there to provide info on product (pinout, function, etc.) which part is more important? the one you can't find in the datasheet, because that will come to hunt you :p

BillO

Joined Nov 24, 2008
Dude!

Well the whole so-dimm thing is way cool!

As well, man. the interfaces are mongo. Like, know them cold, eh.

Luck with the job dude!

billbo

Joined Jan 25, 2010
datasheet is useless u want to learn how the internals run different designs aretechtures parts etc if ya wana look smart learn all the basics on cpus starting with the relly old history and the pic's used in electronic hobbys do have some good info on there designs u want to understand cpu's on a whole not scrub by on test and if u fail the test cpu's anit for u
its a mamoth job XD