Help With PCB laser printer.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
It is more the toner than the printer that matters.

I would say YES the printer will work, depending on which type of toner refill you use.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Yes, Dell should work fine. I've used the 1145 color laser printers for several boards, printing on photo paper (NOT the staples standard paper). I forgot what the paper is now, it's generic and no longer in the box. Some have good luck with glossy magazine pages as well. Take a paper cutter to a centerfold, and ironing a PC board can be enjoyable.

The only ones people have had major problems with are the Brother printers with Brother toner. They are very good printers for the price ($99!). But the toner is different and doesn't work for transfer. It does work with the PCB in a Box kit, using the special paper, however.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I tried to access Tom Gotee's site, which is a definitive DIY how to, but it is down. I've sent him an email.

Off Shore

Joined Oct 26, 2010
All right now, thank you all for your replies. I’m not stuck on that printer, how ever I did find a very good deal on one of them. I have made a few PCB’s in the past the old fashion way, I’m a advanced class Ham radio operator, I was making PCB’s that were being used for repeater I. D. If I must say my board did not look to bad doing it the old school way.
I’m going to try my hand at this toner transfer way you all are doing so well. Once again thank you all for your replies. Oh by the way, this forum is great, I wish I would have had this yeas ago. Thank You.