Help with pad 234-a

Bobyni

Joined Mar 27, 2014
Hello all,
Newbie here!

I am into electronic recently and came across with this training pad 234-A.
Used $80 and I met the seller and powered up the unit, probed the 5+ , 12+, 12- with the multimeter on dc mode @ 20 and could not read any voltage ( red prove to + and black to ground pole)....:mad:
All the ELD lights are up... Not sure what it s....
Tried to adjust all the knobs without any variation on my reading.
Is that the fuse are blown away, or it is one ting on the setting I missed?

Please help me to understand.

Did not buy, but want to make sure is not something that I am not aware off and let this chane passed by.

Thanks!

Bobyni

Joined Mar 27, 2014
Mmm..... Maybe no one used this trainer pad ever....
Bad luck?...!
Or my info is too little?
Any help?
Thanks!

elec_mech

Joined Nov 12, 2008
As for me, I don't know what a 234-A pad is.
Electronix Express sells them. This is an electronic trainer, very similar to those you might see in college EE labs. In essence, it has a breadboard, several switches, various small power supplies with different voltages, etc. so you can build and test electronic circuits. Think of it as a fancier version of the electronic labs you've seen at RadioShack. I got one when I went back to college several years ago so I could do stuff at home before I had my not-so-fancy lab. Comes in a plastic case so you can lay out a circuit and close it like a toolbox for electronics on the go. :)

OP, take a look at the attached manual; schematics are shown at the end of the manual. I'd first suspect the voltage regulators, but if the corresponding LEDs for each voltage are lit, I would think they're putting something out. Perhaps post a picture of how you're taking the voltage measurements? As a simple check, can you use your meter to measure a battery you have lying around? This is to verify the leads are making contact with the meter.

Attachments

Joined Nov 30, 2010
LED

more text to meet the limit
Oh, Luminous Electrical Device :D

ps, If you want to be sneaky about the 10 character limit, you can change color to white and type in some characters. They can be revealed by "highlighting" the post. Look down below this typing.

Sneaky characters.

OK, got LEDs but no measurable voltages. First choice is, "not using the meter correctly".
I would guess the LEDs are there to prove the voltages are there, but you couldn't find a proper ground to measure with.