Help with optically detecting an object

Discussion in 'Digital Circuit Design' started by Danny Lewis, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Danny Lewis

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 30, 2016
    I don't know all the terminology so forgive me before i start please. I have attached a image below (crude) to help visually with what I'm trying to solve.

SO i have 2 sensors that i want as the trigger for the light bulb, when both are active the bulb will relight up, iin addition to this, i have object 1 and 2 and what i would like to to happen is this...

I need object 1 and 2 to recieve a single pulse each which i will use a signal sustain (timer) to keep them active for a specified time then close again.
    Its a simple project within a game (no not minecraft) but i only have access to AND, NOT, OR and XOR gates, i also have inverters, signal delays and signal sustainers. please help if you can.

thanks in advance
  2. Sinus23

Sep 7, 2013
    #1 Do the object 1 and 2 trigger at the same time as the bulb and both for the same amount of time?

#1a What are the object 1 and 2?

#2 What kind of timers do you have to sustain the signal(555's?) If so look up monostable, one shot or pulse extender. See if that is what you need.

#3 voltages, milliwatts, microamps?..It needs a bit more details.
  3. AnalogKid

Distinguished Member

Aug 1, 2013
    What is the power for the sensors, light bulb, and objects?
    What is the output of a sensor (5V signal, 24 V signal, relay contacts, etc.)?
    How long is the pulse being received by the objects?
    What is the pulse (5 Vdc, 24 Vdc, dry contact closure to ground, etc.)?

4. Bernard

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 7, 2008
    You will need a driver between AND & bulb.
    For objects use modulated light beam with different frequencies like TV remote control. As long as a beam is on, object is active.
  5. hp1729

Nov 23, 2015
    The sensors must optically detect the objects? As in recognize by shape and size?
    More specifics are needed if you want specific answers. Vague requests can only get vague answers.