Help with inverter

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by meijaz, Feb 28, 2012.

1. meijaz

Thread Starter Member

Nov 20, 2009
    [​IMG]

i need some help on designing an inverter. I have attached a block diagram describing its steps (which is proposed by me). Please tell me whether is it feasible?

1) I have simulated the square wave generator using 555. It works fine. But draws a current of 10 mA.

2) Low pass filter is a active low pass filter with cut off frequency of 100 Hz. It draws about 15 mA.

3) Amplifier is yet to be selected.

4) transformer is a 12V to 220V step up with 3A current limit. Basically, it is a step down transformer but I want to use it.

This was an approach that came in my mind to design an inverter.

Can anyone tell me if my approach is feasible? And what type of safety measures should I be perform?

Thank you

2. meijaz

Thread Starter Member

Nov 20, 2009
    This is the block diagram. If anyone needs to see the circuit diagrams, please let me know.

Thank you

3. gopalyajur

Jan 3, 2010
    meijaz likes this.
  4. meijaz

Thread Starter Member

Nov 20, 2009
    I have simulated figure 3 and figure 4 but the results are not ok. I have attached the circuits and graphs. Please tell me what's wrong:confused:

5. praondevou

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 9, 2011
    R!f@@, meijaz and shortbus like this.
  6. meijaz

Thread Starter Member

Nov 20, 2009
    I thought that it should be a pure square wave. :p

I wonder why can't we get a sine wave after filtering a square wave through a low pass filter.:confused:

Thanks for the overview. I'll go through that.:D

7. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    The article isn't complete, but I was going to cover how to make a sine wave inverter with PWM. I really don't like my shoot through circuits, and will redesign them before I finish that article.