Help with electric scooter

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by dcablao, Feb 18, 2010.

1. dcablao

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Hello I received a used electric scooter today. It has a device you step on to make the scooter go and you use a hand twist throttle to adjust the speed. It was having issues staying in drive mode. I suspected a loose wire. I went in and noticed someone had replaced the controller and the a couple of the wires were not well attached. I redid the wire that runs to the button you step on to engage the drive. It worked....but at full throttle when you turned the key to on position. The throttle didn't seem to be working at all. I am thinking I should check the wire for the throttle to see if it is not well attached. Any other ideas why this is happening. The person I got the scooter from said it was working fine last weekend..perhaps he was not being honest. I think I should be able to get this scooter to work right if I can figure out the wiring situation. Maybe I need a new throttle if the wiring turns out to be connected okay?

2. retched

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 5, 2009
    Can you find a schematic and post it? Typically the pedal is a momentary switch, as a safety. And the throttle is a potentiometer. It may just be a case of replacing a component or two.