help with earphones

vruno

Joined Apr 30, 2013
hey there, i have a pair of earphones i found somewere in my bunch of electronics things, i think they are from a nokia phone, they got a microphone and a button to answer calls, the problem is that when I listen to music on them, the voice doesnt sounds, when I do a left right test, both earphones sound when its supposed only one should sound.

I have tested it by applying an input signal to both chanels separately, and it works well, then i applied both signals with wires and it worked, but when i pug them to a computer or something they doesnt work.

i measured the resistance between the sleeve and the ring 1 and 2, and its 35 ohms, then i measured between ring 1 and ring 2 and its 70 ohms.

do you know what happens?

patricktoday

Joined Feb 12, 2013
The resistance sounds correct for the headphones so I'd say those are working correctly (unless there is some kind of short). Since it has a mic, does it have a 4-pin plug? If so that is likely not compatible with a standard 3-pin (TRS) jack without using an adapter.

vruno

Joined Apr 30, 2013
yes it haves a 4 pin plug, but the strange thing is that it doesnt works even with a TRRS jack, i know that because the earphones of my cellphone have the same kind of conector and they work properly on my cell, but the other ones dont, i was thinking it could be a mechanical problem, may be the conector is smaller than its meant to be or something