Help with Eagle Board File retrieval

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by magic1635, Sep 23, 2009.

1. magic1635

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 14, 2009
    OK, I know I messed up. I overlaid an earlier version of the board file to the schematic. So now I can see the the board file I want in the list but it is now greyed out as a document. How do I reassign the schematic to the correct board layout? Should be simple but its seems not. I'm using the Mac version.

2. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    This suggestion is offered without warranty. As you know, once you get the warning that the board and schematic files "not consistent," it can be nightmare to fix. So, I did not try this on a good set of files.

1) Go to where you stored the Eagle files.
    2) Find the correct .sch file and the exact name of the .brd file (should be the same as the .sch file).
    3) In the Mac equivalent of Windows Explorer, you will fine a bunch of associated board files with extensions like, .b#1; .b#2; and so forth. The biggest number is the most recent back-up.
    4) Change the extension of the .brd file to anything that suits you, like b_d. Then change the .b#x file that you want to view to .brd. That should allow you to view the file and to determine whether it is consistent with the schematic.

Tread lightly. You may end up saving the schematic as a new name, creating a new board and starting from scratch. The directions I gave are almost certainly reversible, but there are no guarantees.

Good luck.

John

3. magic1635

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Thanks John,
    Worked a treat!