Help with determining logic state of outputs

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by ronybhai, Dec 9, 2012.

1. ronybhai

Thread Starter Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Help with determining logic state of outputs of input clocks
    Below picture shows the two questions

Thanks for your help.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  2. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    Come on. You have been around long enough to know how this works. You need to show some effort at solving the problem and we will help guide you to a solution. The more work you show, the quicker the process proceed.

3. ronybhai

Thread Starter Member

Sep 18, 2012
    I was reading the book...but didnt get it ...
    do we start with the last column...is that in toggle?

4. ronybhai

Thread Starter Member

Sep 18, 2012
    if you know it..then it would be helpful to explain how you got to the answer...so I will learn...thanks in advance...
    eed it by tomorrow...so any one can help that will be great....

5. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    If the output of the last column is a product of the inputs that go into the first column, and if each column feeds into the next column, then how can you start with the last column?

Wouldn't it make a lot more sense to start wi th the column that is directly affected by the inputs.

6. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    Actually, it probably wouldn't be helpful. You text has explained it and your instructor has explained it. So if all we do is work it for you and explain it, then you will not learn this time, either. Instead, you will get credit for work that is not yours and, in the end, become another incompetent engineer who will sooner or later make a mistake that will kill people. So you need to struggle with it and try, which you seem very resistant to, or to fail and go into another field of study where, hopefully, you won't pose a risk to society.

It is not our problem that you put it off to the last minute.

Instead of spending time trying to come up with the next chapter in a sad story about how we should just do your work for you, why don't you spend that time actually trying to do the work your self and posting what you have done and how far you have gotten. Why is that such a hard concept for you to grab onto?

7. ronybhai

Thread Starter Member

Sep 18, 2012
    in the example we did...we started from the last one...and it was in toggle...so that why i was wondering

8. ronybhai

Thread Starter Member

Sep 18, 2012
    lol u violated...it was a just a h.w..why making it a big issue bro...:(

9. ronybhai

Thread Starter Member

Sep 18, 2012
    we will eventually go over in the class anyway...i just wanted to get start ahead to understand it better....if u think i wont understand it if u help me...thn i guess i wud wait till my instructor go over it...
    thanks for the advise

10. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    Then post the last one you did and how you solved that and perhaps we can use that as a jumping off point for this one.

11. ronybhai

Thread Starter Member

Sep 18, 2012
    i think this is the one...
    the last one is in toggle...so goes like 0,1,0,1,0

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  12. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    The scan makes it impossible to read the right hand side.

What are you calling "the last one"? The signals in this circuit progress from right to left, so the right-most one is the first one, not the last one.

But, even so, if you would post the work that yields the solution to this problem, we can use it as a starting point. But I won't hold by breath on that happening.

13. justtrying

Mar 9, 2011
  14. ronybhai

Thread Starter Member

Sep 18, 2012
    we start from X0..nothing is connected to X0...shud it be toggle...
    or that example I posted later is not related to this problem

15. ronybhai

Thread Starter Member

Sep 18, 2012
    The last one is A

16. justtrying

Mar 9, 2011
    nothing is connected to X0 on which end? input or output? which way is the data flowing?

17. ronybhai

Thread Starter Member

Sep 18, 2012
    can you see the picture? X0 is the last one...

18. justtrying

Mar 9, 2011
    I can see the picture. Which way do you think the data is flowing? If you wanted to solve X0, what would you need to know?

You have 4 FFs and a set of data, which FF is directly receiving the data?

19. ronybhai

Thread Starter Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Each FF is clocked by the NGT of the clock input signal so that all FF transmission occur at the same time

20. absf

Dec 29, 2010
    Justtrying is asking you if your data is flowing from 1) FF/A to FF/D or from 2) FF/D to FF/A.

If the data flow is 1), then the inputs of FF/A is important and it was not shown clearly in your picture:confused:

Allen

justtrying likes this.