HELP with Controlling 12v Raising/Retracting Spoiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonnieb2013

Joined Apr 19, 2013
Guys,

Not sure if you can help me here.

Whilst I can make up wiring looms and have basic electrical experience thats as far as it goes so need some help if possible.

The problem is this. I have a rear spoiler for a vehicle that retracts and extends via a motor. The switch is linked to a module that tells the spoiler to extend. When you push the switch again the spoiler retracts. Now at the moment the module isnt working and I am looking at by-passing the module completely.

What I need to happen is by pressing the switch the spoiler extends to its limit, then pressing the switch again the spoiler retracts fully.

I have attached the wiring diagram.

Pin 1/pin 4 that goes to the spoiler motor 4 (At bottom) appear to be live/earth. Passing voltage through this activates the motor, reversing the poles and the motor retracts the spoiler.

The switch is E127 white and black/white wires. I guess I would need some form of relay at the switch to reverse polarity to retract the spoiler. do I then connect the existing limit switch wires (F135/F136) in line with this power source to tell the motor to stop? or use a timer of some sort (Relay with timer?) Not sure.

Need some help please. Any help is greatly appreciated to this novice!

JB

Attachments

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Look at his post count...one. The mods have redirected beginners so often that it's boring. They just tell them where an automotive site is.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I am closing this thread as it violates AAC policy and/or safety issues.

Quote:
6. Restricted topics.

The following topics are regularly raised however are considered “off-topic” at all times and will results in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Automotive modifications
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Phone jammers
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies
This comes from our Tos:
Terms of Service
There will be enough sites where automotive questions can be discussed :
Member selected automotive forums

Bertus