Help with circuit design for intercooler spray for my car

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnclem88

Joined Feb 6, 2012
Hi I'm new so please be nice :)

Ill get strraight to the point of what im trying to acheive...

Basically my car has headlight washer system. so basic circuitry would be a relay that uses current from the headlights as the constant live (when headlights are on) to activate the relay, and then i presume the stalk switch as the switched live to make the circuit to send current to the motor to actually spray the headlights.

What I want to do is fit a motor that is bi-directional (reverse polarity to make it spin in opposite direction so therefore i have 2 outputs that work indepentantly...effectively) however there is only 1 pair of terminals so relays must be used to allow the switch in polarity.

I want to be able to wire in a switch of my own that when i activate, take the headlight washer wiring circuit out (normally closed relay that then opens with current from the switch i have added, making it redundant) and then another 2 relays that are normally open to close as they receive the same current that are wired onto the motor the opposite way round (so + to - and - to +etc) so the motor will then recieve current to spin in the opposite direction but the current that is being passed to it is not then travelling back up the circuit to the standard washer switch.

Does this make sense? and is it not necessary, and can i just wire in relays that close with current activated by my switch and not worry about the current travelling back up to the standard switch?

Thanks

John

johnclem88

Joined Feb 6, 2012
And am i also right in thinking if i did need to do the whole 4 relay system that some sort of time delay would be needed in order to delay the normally open relays from closing as the normally closed relays open. And then when I deactivate the switch, the opposite happens, so the normally closed relays stay closed giving time for the normaly open relays to re open...over a matter of milliseconds

tommydyhr

Joined Feb 3, 2009
I'm afraid any discussion related to automotive application / modification is strictly prohibited on this forum, so we aren't able to help you with this issue.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Actually, the paragraph reads:

6. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered "off-topic" at all times and will result in Your thread being closed without question:
  • Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Automotive modifications
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Phone jammers
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies
...with the relevant bullet item being bolded.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I am closing this thread as it violates AAC policy and/or safety issues.

Quote:
6. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered “off-topic” at all times and will results in Your thread being closed without question:
Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
Automotive modifications
Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
LEDs to mains
Phone jammers
Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
Transformer-less power supplies
This comes from our Tos:
Terms of Service
There will be enough sites where automotive questions can be discussed :
Member selected automotive forums

Bertus