Help with circuit analysis

leoisleo

Joined Jan 25, 2015
Hi everyone!

I just became a member and need some help with some circuit analysis so it would be great if you could help me out. Below is a link/picture in which I need help with problem 1.1 and 1.2.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jdxpw5fphbgp47d/Photo 2015-01-25 23 06 55.jpg?dl=0

How do you solve the first task where you need to calculate the potential in node A and B?

As for the second task, how do you decide which source is redundant and which isn't?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
This is Homework Help, not Homework Done For You. You need to show YOUR best attempt to solve YOUR homework. We can then see where you are going wrong and give you hints and suggestions on how you can get back on path.

leoisleo

Joined Jan 25, 2015
I've tried to solve it somehow but I've forgotten a lot I guess and I have no idea where to start or how to solve it. I have the answer but that's not interesting if I don't know how to solve the problem. I have been at it the whole day so that's why I came here to ask for help. Can you please help?

leoisleo

Joined Jan 25, 2015
Hmm, not quite sure how to rewrite the circuits. Am I supposed to use nodal analysis to calculate the potential at nodes A and B? I think it's a really confusing task somehow or maybe I've just forgotten too much about circuit analysis. I don't know. Can you solve any of the circuits so I can try and do the the others?

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
It seems simpler then nodal analysis.

For 1.1a
You have V between A and ground (0 volts). V is 2 volts. So A-0=2 volts. So A=2 volts.
You have another V between B and A. So B-A=2 volts. So B-2=2. So B=2+2=4 volts.

leoisleo

Joined Jan 25, 2015
It seems simpler then nodal analysis.

For 1.1a
You have V between A and ground (0 volts). V is 2 volts. So A-0=2 volts. So A=2 volts.
You have another V between B and A. So B-A=2 volts. So B-2=2. So B=2+2=4 volts.
Thank you! I managed to solve the rest :)