help with calculator

S_lannan

Joined Jun 20, 2007
Anybody know how to do binary and hex calculations on a ti voyage 200?
I'm sick of bringing 2 different calculators to class :D.
Thanks

Mark44

Joined Nov 26, 2007
I went to the ti.com site and downloaded the manual for the OP's calculator, but the download proceeded very slowly and then quit on me before I could find out about its capabilities.

From what I saw, though, it looks like this calculator doesn't have the ability to display numbers in hex or binary mode. Because it's programmable, there's the possibility of writing a program to do the conversion.

That might be an interesting exercise, but I think I would just bring both calculators to class.

S_lannan

Joined Jun 20, 2007
I downloaded the user's manual and had the same headache as mark44 had.
After a few days trying i got it and found it to be pretty useless and a real pain to navigate.

For such an advanced calculator likely designed for advanced math and engineering it seems rather baffling why such a feature is not included...

hopefully someones written a ti program and released it into public domain....

flubbo

Joined Apr 21, 2008
The voyage 200 supports 3 number bases:
Decimal, Hex, and Binary
to enter a binary number, just type 0b followed by the number.

for Hex, type 0h followed by the hex digits

The results are displayed in whichever number base you have the calculator set to.

to convert from one base to another, enter the number, press {2nd] Y and type in either Hex , Bin , or Dec, followed by Enter.

I have both Derive and a Voyage 200. Personally, I prefer using Derive, as it is much more powerful than the Voyage 200.

To be honest, I was a little disappointed with the Voyage 200. At least you can program it (68K), so, If I felt crazy enough, I could write a radix convertor.

Hopefully this will help.
:Flubbo.